Rhapsodies, spiritual musings, and practical advice on Island Living


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Piercy's Barn turns 100

antique washer board
The Old Barn turns 100

I loved wandering around at the 100 year anniversary party for the Old Piercy Barn. I was fascinated by the old pieces of farm and house hold equipment in Piercy's Barn Museum. I thought about all the modern conveniences we have (and ) while I meditated on how time consuming it must have been doing the family laundry with a washer board and hand crank wringer. I can see how home making duties would have been a full-time, all day activity. Now if I could just get my pre-teen to appreciate just how how easy she has it when it comes to chores like laundry duties. :0)

antique stove at Peircy's barn


**********************************************************************************************************
*******           
Oceanwood Chronicles                                 credits and links             *******
***********************************************************************************************************

Photo credits: Photos by Jessica at Oceanwood.

Oceanwood Chronicles, copyright 2009 - Jessica at Oceanwood. Creative commons attribution, non-commercial sharing only (translation: feel free to quote me in context or use this entry but please always credit me for my work, thanks.) http://oceanwood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments and will do my best to answer your questions. cheers, Jessica at Oceanwood