Rhapsodies, spiritual musings, and practical advice on Island Living


Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Composting crib for branches

101_0027

I asked our friend and professional logger, Duncan Stewart, over to help us limb some dangerous branches and remove branches that had begun to obstruct our view.  I was so impressed by his conscientious methods and great care he took with each and every branch.

As soon as the work began, I realized I would soon have a branch problem: what should I do with all the branches and greenery on the ground. I did not like the idea of a pile for burning: one, because it was a big mess; and two, the pollution involved with burning slash. So out of necessity I created this thatched "crib" for naturally composting the branches.


**********************************************************************************************************
*******           
Oceanwood Chronicles                                 credits and links             *******
***********************************************************************************************************

Photo credits: Photos by Jessica at Oceanwood.

Oceanwood Chronicles, copyright 2009 - Jessica at Oceanwood. Creative commons attribution, non-commercial sharing only (translation: feel free to quote me in context or use this entry but please always credit me for my work, thanks.) http://oceanwood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments and will do my best to answer your questions. cheers, Jessica at Oceanwood