Rhapsodies, spiritual musings, and practical advice on Island Living


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

priceless works of art



Autumn is here. Thanksgiving is past. Winter holidays are a long way in the future. More days than not are wet and cold and the fog is growing fond of rolling in and hanging around for a while. When the damp grey outdoors start seeping into my bones and bringing down my spirit, I grab my camera and go looking for colour. A fallen leaf -- perfectly formed -- brazenly brings colour back into my day. Why would I look up into the bleak and sodden sky, when I can look down at priceless works of art that lie strewn upon my path?

Living on an island means that no matter how gloomy the weather, I need to practice looking for Beauty right here, right now. No riding into town, surfing the net, or watching DVDs. Walking in nature, camera in hand, my eyes open for the exquisite contrasts in colour that are so abundant in Autumn, keeps my spirit alive and well and reminds me to be thankful for these natural  blessings.


**********************************************************************************************************
*******           
Oceanwood Chronicles                                 credits and links             *******
***********************************************************************************************************
Photo credit: Photo by Jessica at Oceanwood.
Oceanwood Chronicles, copyright 2010 - Jessica at Oceanwood. Creative commons attribution, non-commercial sharing only (translation: feel free to quote me in context or use this entry but please always credit me for my work, thanks.) http://oceanwood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments and will do my best to answer your questions. cheers, Jessica at Oceanwood